View Single Post
Old 10-01-09, 01:31 PM   #205
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615 View Post
After starting a new career Tuesday, and running into the horrendous dud rate problem again, I decided to compare the stock Torpedoes_US.sim to the GFO one.

The main problem seems to me to be the between 45 and 70 degree angle, which has a 75 percent dud rate, whereas the stock 35 to 70 angle only has a 34 percent chance.

Regardless though, the dud rate *is* in fact different in GFO.

I told the blue llama in the green striped hat it was in my head!

wow, great catch there fred im really sorry about that. i too thought you were imagining it because it never happened to me when i was playing.

it took me a little while to find it but i found out that it was the "US torpedo overhaul" mod made by Captain America that did it so i'll need to get with him and find out why. i cant think of any reason the file would need to be changed like and then not even mentioned in his read me. in my upcomming update for GFO it will be fixed you can count on it.

for now you can just delete the torpedo sim file to resolve it and the the mod seems to work fine without it so the worst that could happen is the torpedo textures used for some views will revert back to stock. unless you want to restore the stock settings manually, that will be the simple way to cure the problem.

i need to find out more about this because a simple texture mod shouldnt be altering settings like that so more is going on with that mod then i was aware of.

Last edited by Webster; 10-01-09 at 02:21 PM.