Old 09-23-09, 05:31 PM   #17
Frederf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
not true.

in regards to the fleet boats..you can be moving, and the PK can be on. I use the stopwatch all the time, right up until i fire to recheck/compare the speed and heading it gives me. once it's consistent.. i know it's good.
What do you mean the stopwatch? Do you mean you are actually plotting and using the big silver stopwatch or are you using the brown arc'd stopwatch button on the TDC speed input dial?

I'm pretty sure that the little stopwatch button only compares 2 bearing-range figures to do some simple math and calc a course and speed. I guess it'd be an easy test to simply give the same input twice while having been moving between the two and see if it reports "0kt target speed."

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstanb View Post
Maybe a stupid question, but how do you use radar for two points speed measurement?
is there a button to send radar range to TDC? like the active sonar approach?
I use radar just to figure out an aprox. range to target, but I have never been able to get exact distance
RR ascribes to the philosophy that 100% realism is less help than reality and I believe runs with map contact updates on. He then takes his radar ranges from the map contact updates.

Doing it without map contact updates leaves you with 3 options:
1. Estimate from the PPI scope
2. Estimate from the A scope
3. Download the mod that makes the A scope much more precise and use the A scope. (I have a version that works with RFB1.52 if you need it).
Frederf is offline   Reply With Quote