View Single Post
Old 09-23-09, 08:45 AM   #185
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
can you tell me please if you think I can start to swap the " Real Environmental " mod , with the newer W_Clear mod " Atlantic-Pacific Submarine Warfare Mod by w_clear " because I think it looks like this newer Mod made by W_Clear have not just the older " Real Environmental " mod but also have included more additionals mods for the german U-Boat

well ANY environmental mod would work with GFO but some files used in Env mods (scene.dat) are used by other mods so i had to add some settings to the scene.dat to keep the smaller rain mod in GFO and i also had to restore a few texture files to keep the less water limber holes and brighter torpedo wakes mods from not working.

if the newer mod is changing the scene.dat files different then the Real Env mod settings, then the Real Env GFO patch should NOT be used and this means everything will work fine but because you are not able to use the "Real Env patch for GFO" you will lose the smaller rain, less water limber holes and brighter torpedo wakes mods in GFO. (this is also true if the PE 4 or Env 5.0 mods are used)

if the newer mod is NOT changing the scene.dat files different then the Real Env mod settings, then the Real Env GFO patch will work for it too and it should be used and this means everything will work fine.

i'll have to look into this new mod and if need be i'll make a GFO patch for it when its completed (completed = finished with no more changes or WIP)