View Single Post
Old 09-18-09, 08:34 PM   #3092
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 0

if youll check my luckiest man alive thread youll see i have a story of my own. . but i have another .

December 18,1942
I was trying a new supermod my friend had made.I was in command of USS Angler, a gato sub, with a seasoned crew with high morale and many abilities. it was supposed to actually make your sensorss stop working when heavily damaged. I had just had a bad encounter with a task force. i thought i could sneak in and blow a carrier or heavy cruiser out of the water and sneak back out. I snuck in at 0019 hours, perfect attacking condidtions. i, being dumb, pushed the boat to standard when there was 15 destroyers around. i got within 4000 m of that Shokaku before i hear rapid pinging. i turn my scope and theres a destroyer 400 m away.i had had automatic targetng, and i fired my torpedo at it and immediately i ordered hard to starboard and to dive, but it was too late. he dropped his load with pinpoint accuracy. i used external camera and saw that 5 dc were right on top of me. they knew i was there....time to push to flank. the dcs detonated. immediately 65 hull damage 1 bulkhead destroyed in engine room, starboard propeller 95% damaged, sonar destroyed and multiple sytems hit hard. i had a mod installed that estimated crush depth when damaged. only 100 ft. it would have to do. i dived and ran for my life. thankfully this was the only dd in close proximity so i swerved my way outta that mess.

It was now december 21st, 2 days after encountering the deadly task force. i reapired all that i could. the prop shaft would only god down to 40% damage with decreased speed and manuverability. i needed to sail home. i was too damaged to fight any big cats,but i could still take down some smaller vessels. i decided to take a long route home, seeing as how i had 65 fuel left still. i plotted a course that sort of zig zagged back to pearl. 2 days of nothingness was finally rewarded with a radar contact bearing 029 long range. i decide to see what it is, so i dive to periscope depth and push to flank. i reach the contact 20 minuts later. i indetified it as a large oil tanker. i needed this kill. i open my tubes and at 1200 m i fire. i score a direct hit at 7m depth and it mustve hit her soft spot because she split in two. i do a little victory dance and decide to just end this patrol. i delete all my zig zag course flags and head straight for pearl. on december 23rd i get a radar contact. it was bearing 139 and going "very fast" it was no doubt a aplne. i order dive to periscope depth, but i accidentally pressed e and i immediately surfaced. no time to dive. i ordered man the AA guns and waited as it came closer. it was a betty, and it was pissed. i watched on the bridge the aa gunners useless attempt to shoot it down. it dropped 3 bombs, one of which somehow did only 8 more hull damage but destroyed my A scope AND air search radar. as it was going away, my AA gunners hit the betty and it caught on fire. it didnt die, but it wasnt coming back. there was probably going to be lots of those bettys soon swarming me, so i dive to periscope depth and continue. after 2 hours submerged i decide to surface. the calm seas turned into a violent storm. i couldnt see 100 m in front of my ship. i was surfaced for only 15 minutes when all of a sudden i see maybe 10 flashes of light through the darkness. two seconds later i see giant gushes of water beside my boat and something hit us. it hit hard, doing 10 more hull damage and destroying a diesel engine.i realized what happened. my a scope and air search radar were destroyed, as was my sonar, and the mod made it so that i couldt detect anything. i mustve walked right into a task force. i order crash dive and when we wre 8 m below i ordered periscope depth. i knew i couldnt dive with the amount of hull damage. i needed to run. i pushed my engines to flank and ran. it seemed hopeless. they would outrun me. i checked my damage again and noticed my stern tubes werent damaged. i checked my ammo and saw i only was missing one torpedo. i knew then what i needed to do. i needed to knock out the dds one by one at close range.id still be running but as soon as i could get a lock i fired. there were at least 4 dds. 10 flashes of light means wuite astrong force. i needed to make my torps count. no hitting in the stern or bow. i needed to hit them in the middle, where it would really make a difference. the first dd caught up. it was 500m away before i saw it. i got a lock and fired. luckily it was swirving and it showed it gut. the torpeod impacted and in 20 seconds it died. 2 more attempts to destroy me were foiled as 2 dds went down. there was one or 2 left.i only had 1 torpedo. i also had a mod that allowed you to have all torpedoes at the start, and i used it once. i bought a cuite, as it had come back and saved me in that other patrol. i hoped it would have the same effect. i Spotted yet another dd. 700m away. i opened the tube and fired. after i gave the command to fire, i noticed that the cutie had a running depth of 6m too far down. it would miss. dammit. theres nothing stopping it now. 400m away. if the cutie was gonna do something it needed to do it now. and it did. it somehow impacted, however it impacted on the bow. my expiereinces tell my its not gonna go down. it was now 200m with 0 signs of going down by the head. i swirced franticall, however the prop shaft that was destroyed made my effort futile. i was now on top of me. i prayed for a miracle. if you read my luckiest man alive thread, youll see that one dd sunk by hitting my periscope. and oh lord it hapened again. it hit my periscope hard, casuing it to burst into small flames. it dropped dc's, but they missed. i waiuted for 2 minutes for it to sink, but it didnt. i time compressed and now it WAs starting to lean towards the bwo. however, it never sank. it was coming around again. my chances were slim. there was one thing i could do, it was radical and partially insane but i decided to surface and finish it with my deck gun. my crew was seasoned and my deck gun reloaded in 6 seconds.i did it. i blew ballast and asap i manned the deck gun. i swirved it around and fired. miss. the dd responded with its own volley, however it missed too. i checked my periscope and saw it was 1062 m away, and i aimed at 700. i corrected myself and fired again. hit. i kept unloading shell on that dd. the dd however was missing with its volleys. i fired again. hit. but this time it mustve done something, cause the small blazes turned into firestorms. i hit it hard . time to dive. i dived and just as i reached 11m the dd fired and if i wasnt underwater, it wouldve killed me. i time compress into two, and watch it as it goes down. after 10 minutes of massive blazes, i could see the propellers. it was over. it was finally over. i Happily returned to course encountering no resistance, and i breathed a sigh of relief as i entered paerl and docked. i recieved the purple heart and the silver star. they even offered me a new boat, giving me a balao class. and that is my story. sorry it isnt in paragraphs. ive spent so much time typing i cant edit it right now cause i g2g
CaptainMattJ. is offline   Reply With Quote