View Single Post
Old 09-03-09, 04:29 PM   #4
Mikhayl
Captain

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0

Hey, I still have a dozen of the old Biggles books, some of them were really cool, especially loved "Biggles in Norway"

My favourite pick would be Hans Ulrich Rudel's "Stuka Pilot", terrific.

And equally awesome is Pierre Clostermann's "The Big Show", amazing story and the style is very good, some scenes really put you right in the action, especially one story of a landing gone bad... I don't know how this translates to English though, but regardless, the story is great.

Edit: OK, "The Big Show" is probably a fairly common recommendation, so try to get "Flames in the Sky" too. It's several short stories, more or less romanced. The story of the Mosquito attack on ships in Norway is still fresh in my mind even though I red the book over 10 years ago.

Edit2: and something quite different too but I don't know if it's even been translated at all. "Un du Normandie-Niemen" (mixed Russian/French unit) by Roger Sauvage, French black fighter pilot:

Some crazy stories in there too, besides the aerial combats, like Russian mechanics drinking glycol (or something like that) to fight the cold in winter and so on.

Last edited by Mikhayl; 09-03-09 at 04:58 PM.
Mikhayl is offline   Reply With Quote