View Single Post
Old 08-23-09, 11:33 PM   #203
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

To all who have fielded support for our team and project on this thread, thank you.

You have not been forgotten...

Personally speaking, time has been my enemy like never before, for long months now... (what I refer to is lack of spare time) so I can only be brief here and now... There is so much I would like to say.

I can only assure you that there are very good reasons for ALL the things we do... and though sometimes 'you-the reader' may not understand... and may subsequently make negative assumptions... sometimes that is well worth the price, to preserve a methodology that has proven to work for us time and time again. (Not being snarky here... but accusations that we are in any way 'anti-community' simply don't bother me in the slightest... In fact, the idea makes me laugh a little.)

Whether we succeed or fail... I will post the outcome to you. You will not be left wondering what happened to GWX4 in years to come. I've got the chops to tell you the truth be it good or bad. Naturally, fielding an explaination of failure would make me uncomfortable... but it would also be a release in many ways... not just for me... but for anyone waiting and hoping. Nor would I leave it to Jimbuna to scuttle the ship while I jump out!

JScones has asked some valid questions and Jimbuna has responded accurately. I hope to add my own take to the mix here by this coming Sunday night (US Central Standard Time)

Other personal notes:

@Adriatico... quite the contrary mate. I actually enjoy your posts... and I think we actually share the same dark sense of humor. I don't hold a single bad thought for you.

@Uber Gruber... Every time I respond to one of your negative posts... you do your best to make me out to be rather paranoid... so in short, my response to you now is, "Stick it up your... NOSE!!!" Now I've kept up my reputation for being... ummm... 'direct'. Open modding invites a cast of thousands, promotes 'fog' and pandemonium.

"Developing a mod behind closed doors, as adopted by GWX, smacks of old school corporate software development."

Whatever man, we just needed a quiet place to work away from all the distractions here. That's not being elitist... it just works... and gives our developers a place to screw-up on occasion without being under the microscope of public criticism and ridicule. From the 'management stand-point... I'd rather lead a swift and sharp team, than an amorphous-gaggle any day. (Really and truly... I am not trying to be condescending... its just good common sense. If you had a fair idea of just how much communication is required via email, PM, private and public forum posts, teamspeak, and cell-phone texts/calls... you'd understand what I mean. Leading a project to a focused and successful release via mass public involvement... is SOOOO not the way to produce something lasting and meaningful IMHO.)

Crimeny! The community has always received the functional data we've built and/or modified as we've executed releases anyway... which nullifies what appears to be your chief complaint.

(Now, I think I'll triple my pay and give myself another bonus, award myself some medals, and have a few more Borg implants drilled into place. )

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock

Last edited by Kpt. Lehmann; 08-23-09 at 11:44 PM.