View Single Post
Old 08-21-09, 09:06 PM   #195
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
However you are clearly looking for a response...
Exactly, as, I suspect, are many others, so thank you. It seems you've provided more insight in your one post than what has been provided in the last six months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
Its not really too fair to put a simliar expection/example on a bunch of free lance modders as that of worlds 3rd largest Games developer...
I didn't think I did. Certainly not my intention. But if your comment is based on my comment about the personal involvement and willingness of the SH5 devs to divulge what they can (rather than a dismissive "it will be ready when it's ready"), then pls consider two things:

a) they are paid to develop software, not visit forums, much like you and I are paid to do a job. Thus their involvement here is on their own time, when they could be doing anything else, like spending time with their families. On the other hand, I'm sure you've browsed this forum on work time? I doubt their involvement here is a condition of employment and I'm sure most people see it as an honour that they share their free time with us. Although I'm certain that UBI management sees it as great PR and marketing, which it is.

b) look at jimbuna's post count here versus any of the devs. A clear indication that there is great capacity for the GWX4 team to provide informative and meaningful responses.

I won't comment on some of your other statements for as I said, it's not my intention to start a war here. I, like many other GWX followers, simply want to know what the state of play is. IMHO a simple request, and one that jimbuna has attempted to fill as best as he can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
We're doing our best though, honest!
And no-one is suggesting that those in the GWX4 engine room aren't. I cannot stress that enough. Hence my statement that "[i]t would be a shame on various levels if GWX4 completely died".

A part of my first post, not directed exclusively to the GWX team, I wanted to sow the seed for all current and future "supermodders" to consider the potential consequences of their communication plan. Interactive communication engenders interest, which engenders a potential pool of talent for the supermodders to draw upon when their own resources get thin and overstressed. As you say, modding is all done freely and out of love, so why make it hard on yourselves by not fostering and harnessing the love?

Again, thanks jimbuna.

Last edited by JScones; 08-21-09 at 09:16 PM.