View Single Post
Old 08-21-09, 02:43 PM   #190
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

<In a personal capacity>

Jaesen....I do appreciate you are not trying to 'inflame' or 'incite' any situation in your previous two posts. However you are clearly looking for a response so as a gesture of goodwill and courtesy and furthermore as a token of my friendship and goodeill to you and the community:

The current state of play regarding the development of GWX4 IMO currently hangs in the balance, but no more so than any other version of GWX at various stages in the past. I could go on further and say we may be at a crossrads.....do we abandon the project and work on SH5 post release or do we continue with the current project and release asap?

Any such discussion/debate if it were to take place would only happen if and when KL and team members requested it. THAT DISCUSSION IS NOT PLANNED NOR HAS THE IDEA BEEN MOOTED.

Whether we were aware of the SH5 announcement or not has absolutely no bearing on future developmental decisions that may or may not be necessary during the continual development process.

We have known for a while that SH5 was to be ATO and as such any assumption regarding potential improvements on the SH4 game engine were not unreasonable, nor avoidable.

Work on GWX4 is well underway and yes, we have come across some barriers, some have been overcome and others are currently being worked on.

That we are in a state of 'silent running' was announced a good while back for reasons that were clearly pointed out at the time of said announcement.

The most serious barrier as I type this is the drain on manpower/resources within the Dev Team as a result of RL committments.

These committments are varied but range from personal life changing to work related to a lenghty posting over in Afghanistan in the service of their country.

Those that are still available continue to give of their best until their friends return.

Everyone in this great community of ours hardly needs reminding that anyone related to The Grey Wolves does so voluntarily and as such works lengthy periods for no more pay than the simple satisfaction of knowing their work and committment brings a great deal of pleasure to a great many people.

The team are performing to the best of their ability whilst facing difficulties that far surpass anything I have ever witnessed them experiencing till now.

Now before you respond and suggest we are responsible for global warming or whatever.....We admit it, yes, we probably are.....but it was unintentional

I continue to oversee the development until KL is able to return to his substantive position.

We all learn lessons in life as each day passes, one of the many being 'you will never please all of the people all of the time'.

I sincerely hope you will interpret this post in the cordial spirit it is intended. It is not my intention to debate or enter into a lengthy exchange of hypothetical scenarios/possibilities because there is really nothing more I can add at this time.

Right now, I'm spending the weekend watching the climax to a cricket test series of some significance as well as savouring the SH5 announcement like so many others.

Respectfully
Jimbuna

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)