View Single Post
Old 08-18-09, 01:01 PM   #327
martes86
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

Everyone here complains about it not being a US or U-Boot sim (pointless discussion, as it's already been decided), but almost noone seems to remember that we're in a serious lack of a surface sim. Interoperable sims would definitely rock in multiplayer games, and it'd be easier (much much easier) to mantain internal tournaments, as people would not lose interest so fast, because the coop sub mode has gone old already. SH2 already did coop, SH3 did coop only, and SH4 had sort of a weird competitive mode that I've never actually tried myself, but was mostly a continuation of SH3's coop mode.
We haven't had a decent side vs side match in 4 years, since we massively stopped playing SH2/DC. The ability to bomb your buddies, to change roles in a second (the hunter becomes the hunted)... that's a gaming adrenaline shot that we lost the moment we didn't get a renewed competitive mode. You should start thinking about that instead of engaging in an absurd forum war for winning the "germans were over americans" argument and viceversa.

Sure, sims are always good to play solo, but in the age of global communications, of speedy connections and buddies all around the world, who wants to keep to him/herself when you can have the fun of 4 buddies bombing you and 3 other friends, who are always going to be more imaginative and real than the spiritless IA units?

And what about the promised land? The SDK we never saw? That's also something to discuss, and it ain't too late to request that particular feature, since it's usually separated from the original release, so you could start thinking about how to make Ubi give us that, and open the door to more modders that the current, what? 20 or 30 modders at most?

Think about it, because I think it's of more importance than the empty stuff you've been discussing for X pages now.

Be water my friends.
martes86 is offline   Reply With Quote