View Single Post
Old 08-18-09, 11:21 AM   #313
scrapser
Captain

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

I think a lot of people want another Pacific theater because only two have been made in the past 13 years. Yes, SH4 is a nice looking sim but it did have a lot of (ridiculous) problems. I played SH3 quite a bit because at the time it was the only thing available but the whole time I was using it I was wishing it were the Pacific.

Once the timeline was passed and you no longer see task forces in SH3, I got bored with only encountering merchants. It became too routine. I think in the Pacific you have more opportunity to mix things up with ships and aircraft plus missions (and a much larger theater with lots of island chains and such). So that's my thing with the Pacific versus the Atlantic.

Aside from that it really bothers me that the developers that worked on one generation are not involved with the next one. They make repeated mistakes and create new ones. If UBISoft is interested in putting out a decent sim without spending a lot of money you'd think they would work with the experience and knowledge base that had to have been developed during the course of the earlier versions.

But rarely does common sense prevail. I know SH5 is going to come out buggy as hell...especially with the new FPS perspective. It's just the way they do things.
i7 920 CPU
TR 120 Extreme HS (lapped)
6 GB OCZ Platinum 1600 (8x175 = 1400)
BFG GTX 295
Silverstone DA1000W PSU
Sony GDM-FW900 24" Wide Screen CRT
WinXP Pro 32-bit
scrapser is offline   Reply With Quote