View Single Post
Old 08-18-09, 06:57 AM   #268
greyrider
Watch Officer

Downloads: 237
Uploads: 0

chad wrote:
For those of you who are upset that it's not US Boats, please remember, that sub simulations are a dime a dozen.
Sure, this time around it's U-boats, but, in order for there to be even a Silent Hunter 6, Silent Hunter 5 must sell, and sell well.
Support the future the developers and the community by purchasing 5. Show UbiSoft and the world that Sub Simmers are not dead,
and will support all new developments in the future. That way they will keep developing Sub sims and you'll eventually
get what your asking

i have no problem with your POV , but
likewise chad, if thats the case, then ubi should also support the fan base, and many of us want nothing to do with u-boats,
this sh5 sim is already torpedoed and dead in the water as far as i am concerned, for being u-boat orientated, im a definite sub simmer,
i worked alot on it, but im not going to touch this one, wont be bought, and havent even seen the trailer, i wont even buy it when its discounted, i dont care, its that simple.
i can honestly say that this is such a huge let down to me, that i may have totally lost interest in sh series, as it is i play no version now , i was waiting for sh5,
first person crap means nothing to me, i want a good tactical sim, not fluff.
skill and tactics are whats important in a subsim, just as it was in the war, if you didnt have the skill, or good tactical ability, you didnt come home.
so again, and with anger, not directed at anyone here at subsim, you know who im pissed at, and i say again, i will not buy it!
Her gun crew had guts, however, for from her canting bow came a half dozen well-aimed rounds. How they pointed and trained their gun on that tilting platform will long remain a wonder, and their dedication in keeping up the fire until they went under would be a matter of pride to any nation.

O'Kane, Richard. Clear the Bridge!: The War Patrols of the U.S.S. Tang
greyrider is offline   Reply With Quote