View Single Post
Old 08-18-09, 05:32 AM   #256
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200
Uploads: 0
Default SH5 - Hooray!

Well I haven’t been around for a while - then this morning I got the news!

Thanks to you SubSim for a major scoop, I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever be tempted back below the waves again.

I doubt I will be able to add much to the general good cheer since this news broke, however I thought it would be nice if the developers did ask the community for input as to what features should, or could be included, I think they did something like this way before the release of SH3.

Any way here's my small wish list:

· A real dynamic career, spanning the entire war

· Settings for ultra realism as well as more basic settings

· Greater emphasis on tactics for Uboats to evade being hunted and for the attackers who are hunting the uboats.

· Wolfpacks, please model this tactic this time

· Accurate portrayal of significant historical events in the world out side - not just a single sub sailing about on the ocean.

· Did I mention Wolfpacks and a real dynamic career, if I didn’t, let me mention them now - WOLFPACKS AND A REAL DYNAMIC CAREER

· More random special effects such as explosions, smoke, fires and damage to ships, more random attack results, some ships going down in minutes while others just ever so slowly.

· Greater emphasis on your U-boat being part of a fleet, with meaningful contact with other boats and the shore

· More emphasis on technological developments on both sides as the war progresses.

· More accurate modeling of the environment, weather and seas and general wear and tear on men and boats

I hope I have touched on a few things that might be of interest to the dev team

Lastly thanks to you the developers - this is great news

Best regards

Jonathan aKa Rascal
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote