View Single Post
Old 07-20-05, 10:32 PM   #51
THE_ORZEL
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Shadow,

Just to be safe, any changes that you've made to dat you should make to respective sim, zon, dsd , val etc if and when you change or rename names "textur ref" etc. Keep record of what you rename that way you can search for it in sim, zon, dsd , val.

I'll post the Liberator strings for you in a moment.

The tool lurbz made in combination with hex editor in my opinion can help you guys in next chapter of creating new objects using existing objects aka what Sergbuto did. In time I'll post new tutorial using Stuka or Swordfish as an example.

Iambecomelife,

Well I created certain tools to help me out; however there is a way using hex editor to find out exactly where all of the strings are located. I will try to explain it later in the future where they are located in dat file using hex editor. For example I remember that In CL Dido there is 171 id to be replaced. Ship model is more complex but the idea of hex-editing it is the same as working with aircraft.

Rubini,

I gave complete list of strings for Stuka no mistake there. Of course you can make a workable clone of stuka with replacing far less id but I don’t know what effect it will have in the long run. There is a place where dat file holds all id like database that each dat file has. I have my own tools that I’ve made and my understanding maybe different from what lurbz did with his tool?

Of course lurbz was still in development his tool so…………… So far my technique works, haven’t seen any problems yet with my clones. I believe not sure but lurbz tool shows all the id etc. you just have too look deeper

Chris a.k.a. Orzel
THE_ORZEL is offline   Reply With Quote