View Single Post
Old 08-04-09, 02:26 PM   #21
The Fishlord
Planesman

Downloads: 119
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFish View Post
You could fire any torpedo you want, just change the ID the object particle links to in the torpedospawnfx.dat file. But I don't think a modified cutie would work as it would simply go after the ship that fired the torpedo, I guess.
FYI, there are no custom torpedoes included, it just uses the stock ones. If you want a torpedo to go faster you would have to modify one of the already existing ones. Maybe cloning it, but I don't know what effect that would have on the 'playable' ones.

There is already a limit on the ammo, right now it has 4 torpedoes launching 20 seconds apart.

Also, I updated the file to fix problems with deep running torps, in the latest version (just uploaded to FileFront) even with 15m/s wind 2/3 of all torpedoes still hit the target. (depending on target draft of course, 7,5 ft in this case)
At longer ranges (from about 2500 m) the problem seems to cure itself with all torpedoes suddenly rising to their normal depth, but so far I didn't succeed in shortening this distance.
That's still waaay better than nothing, great job. Since this is a modified gun I guess it won't fire underwater though? So no chance of seeing intelligent enemy subs...

Speaking of Japanese torpedo boats...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Shimakaze.jpg

This is the only remaining picture of HIJMS Shimakaze. She had hands down probably the biggest broadside of her tonnage class of the war - six five inchers and 15 Long Lances, which gave her a huge edge in night fighting. To top it off she could scurry along at 40 knots with an experimental turbine.

Dang, the Japanese could have done a lot more damage than they did IRL...imagine encountering this baby ingame, with torpedos all loaded up.
The Fishlord is offline   Reply With Quote