Old 08-04-09, 01:59 PM   #354
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Hello,
if you want to play OFF get the CFS3 DVD if you can - installation is much easier than with the older CFS3 2 CD version.
When you install OFF, it asks you to insert the CFS3 CD or DVD, takes 2-3 seconds, and then goes on with the OFF install. You do not need to install CFS3 at all, just shortly insert the disk for parts of the engine and copyright reasons.

Greetings,
Catfish
I went to the OFF FAQ and found this:

Q. Do I need to actually install CFS3 first?
A. Maybe..... during install process the OFF BH&H installer will ask you to provide CFS3 so it can copy the CFS3 files it needs.

You can provide the files required from either :
1) An installed CFS3
- OR-
2) Your original CFS3 disks
You can choose. However in either case OFF needs CFS3 version 3.1. If your CFS3 CD/DVD is an old version it may be CFS3 v3.0 not v3.1 - in this case you must use option 1) and then patch that CFS3 install to CFS3 v3.1 before installing OFF.
Q. Do I still need my CFS3 disk to fly OFF BH&H?
A. Yes. All the protection Microsoft or other publisher added to CFS3 disk will still apply. So OFF requires CFS3 CD to fly.
However if you have the DVD version of CFS3 ("Exclusive" brand DVD version from Ubisoft) then the DVD does NOT need to be in to fly CFS3 or OFF.