View Single Post
Old 07-24-09, 04:09 AM   #5
porphy
Commodore

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post
Should I get Lock On and the Flaming Cliffs Expansion or Lock On Gold, or Lock on Gold with the Flaming Cliffs Expansion ?
(I read that there were problems with Lock On Gold. Are they fixed now ?)
Does Lock On Gold have the Flaming Cliffs Expansion in it or would I have to buy them separately ? Just curious.
As it happens I just reinstalled Lock On and Flaming Cliffs yesterday. With a new powerful graphics card ATI 4890 and a overclocked Intel coreduo cpu @3.2 ghz and 4 GB Ram the experience is very good even at 1600x 1080 resolution! I get 80-90 fps in cockpit. Lowest I have seen over a big city is 45-50. No stutters. Outside views gives fps between 130-300! I also run Lock on on windows 7 and it seems to work just fine.

I would say get both Lock On and Flaming Cliffs. Flying the Su-25T is an experience! The flight model of SU-25T taxes the computer a bit more, be prepared to subtract some 10 -15 fps when running this beast. But nothing beats skidding down the runway in this flying brick. By having the expansion you also get to benefit from the patch for Flaming Cliffs which patches up things for the whole sim.

I just found out that there is a new Nevada map available for Lock On as well and there is a lot of nice modding for both Lock On and Flamming cliffs.

Do remember that Flaming Cliffs comes with Starforce, if that would be a problem for you. With the CD version I think it just checks for the disc once a week. But you will still have it on your system. There is also a bug with DX10 cards, which means that you can't use full shadows, but I find that a minor problem as other shadow options can be used.

cheers porphy

"A paranoid is simply someone in possession of all the facts."
W. B.
porphy is offline   Reply With Quote