View Single Post
Old 07-09-09, 04:02 PM   #126
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

1) The ship's name appears over the SIEMENS letters. I never identify ships because I find no need. But it's still there.
2) Of course I can, but as I said, there's a problem with how the game uses the tga's. Mikhayl's originals don't have center lines but instead rely on the hardcoded lines. When I used 1 pixel for the lines, the old hard coded center lines were still a bit visible (about half a pixel) and they changed color during night/day. Since the side marks were already 2 pixels thick for visibility I had no choice but to cover up the center with 2 pixel lines too. Believe me, 1 pixel lines looked weird because they had a very visible light contour. Anyway all of the lines are made so that you need to bracket what you want to measure. So don't put the center line ON the ship but UNDER it. When you read a mark, read "under" it, not over. So, if you think that a ship is a bit more than, say, 8 marks, then it's clearly 8.5 marks. If it's clearly between marks, then it's 9 marks and so on. Actually, when a ship bobs around in the water, it helps to have thick lines because you're not tepmted to input weird nubers like 9.2 degrees. I don't even use the stability option and now I can nail the height almost perfectly even in rough seas. I've played like this for more than 3 months and have yet to miss a shot beyond 4000m away :P Come to think of it, the first thing I ever changed on those tga's was to make the marks thicker )
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote