View Single Post
Old 07-09-09, 09:02 AM   #124
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Default Here they are.

My bad there, I actually think I've said it a few times, and not only about OLC's file. I found it the hard way while editing the Periscope.tga when I said "wait a sec, the extra markings in the AOB dial in OLC don't line up... hmmm, let's change Mikhayl's marks". Of course, this morning I had to change them back.

DISREGARD COMMENT, CHECK NEW VERSION BELLOW.

Well, here they are. Mind you, these are only modified images. I could've just added a new filter to the menu.ini but unfortunately the game has an issue with masks (probably from the high resolution mod). The mask contours are about 1 pixel bigger than the color image. This either gives horrible black contours on any light text on the periscope or a less horrible bright contour around the periscope edges, only visible in total darkness. Well, I opted for the second.
- I've used a green filter (and green marks) for the attack periscope and a yellow filter (and markings) for the observation scope. The marks are now thicker (because of the above issue) so you'll be able to see them at night (with improved visibility overall too). Of course, the Obs scope is much brighter than the other one.
- I've included the UZO markings from OLC's latest gui.
- I have remade the Ujagd markings on the AOB tool so that they line up with the scope markings. The design is taken from OLC's gui. If you don't want it back, just open menu\olc\AOBFOuterDisc.tga in gimp and fill the alpha marks with black.
- In case you haven't noticed, I've tweaked all of the buttons and panels to give them a more dirty and metal look, with a touch of shadow and light .

Since the alpha maps were redone and are now crisp as snow, you can change the colors of the filters/marks by a simple bucket fill with the color you want. To decrease the transparency of the filter, select the round part in the alpha map and play around with the levels (just make sure that white stays white).

Last edited by karamazovnew; 07-23-09 at 05:46 AM.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote