View Single Post
Old 07-05-09, 02:34 PM   #11
PappyCain
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Thanks mates. I just downloaded GWX3 Gold. I have been anxious to crank her up. I saved my previous Sh3 folder onto another remote drive and will remove the existing SH3 folder and files completely off my hard drive.

Then if you all agree, I will reload the original disk, then add GWX3 gold and maybe if that works well start fresh in '39 and play historically accurate patrol lengths with the new mods (can't wait).

Then if you all agree I can at a later date reinstall a second SH3 as I read one can have two installs with a folder rename(?) and see if I can finish the war with my original crew this winter which will coincide with winter of 44-45 at sea.

Look forward to comments to see if I am tracking correctly on this caper.

So I downloaded Gold to my desktop (thought it might be zipped or rar but it is a .exe (1.31GB). Is that the whole ball of wax or do I need something else (I am not a computer expert and it all seems daunting at times).
DID, no cheats, no shortcuts, no non-historic equipment deviations. Boat and crew safety is integral with my immersion style! Follow the historic events during your patrol: http://www.uboat.net/today.html

Last edited by PappyCain; 07-05-09 at 02:47 PM.
PappyCain is offline   Reply With Quote