View Single Post
Old 07-01-09, 12:54 PM   #3
Robsoie
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Replying to myself again.

Akula sunk, i found the tactic, i called it "Pure Luck".

Because in another attempt, i detected the Akula as usual at around always the same kind of range, i set my firing solution and launched 4 Mk48 , and because in the same conditions previously the Akula always retaliate immediately and fire its myriad of SS-27 ASW missiles pinpointing my sub, i dive dive dive and run run run, changing my course, launching countermeasures passive and active along the way...

But for nothing because this time the Akula does not shoot a single missile or torpedo, it just begin trying to evade my incoming torpedoes, manage to do it, but as for the 1st time the Akula did not attacked, i can drive 2 torpedoes around until they re-acquire the russian sub that continue to evade and launch counter measures like crazy.

Not enough for one of my Mk48 that destroy it.

So this is the tactic to use : pure luck.
If you can't use this tactic because you are not in a lucky day , the Akula AI will retaliate (as it can detect your 688 at the same time you can detect it) and it will not be possible in such relatively close range battle scenario to evade everything it will throw at you , so you will be first crippled (as 1 SS-N-27 ASW payload does not destroy you in one hit), then sunk by either another payload or a shkvall, while your slow Mk48 will never be able to reach the Akula location before you sink.

But if you can use the "pure luck" tactic, for totally unknown reason the AI will not retaliate despite it can "see" you obviously (or at least see the torpedoes bearing), so your slow torpedoes will be able to reach the Akula while you are in your evading moves because your 688 will not be crippled by the 5/6 SS-N-27 ASW payload appearing in front of your sub in seconds as it usually happens in this battle.
Robsoie is offline   Reply With Quote