View Single Post
Old 05-08-09, 06:29 AM   #10
Konovalov
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincuan View Post
When I got the HOTAS I already had a few hundred hours in the sim, so I had a fairly good idea on what I wanted. Then I printed the F4AF keychart, fired up Saitek Profiler and tried to decide where I wanted everything. After I was done I fired up the sim and gave it a try, fixed some things, tried again... An hour of two maybe. I didn't even use any of the modes(makes it too complex and hard to remember at combat), only mode1 and mode1+pinkie. That's sufficient enough to complete 95% of a mission without taking hands off the controls, and most importantly one NEVER has to take hands off the controls in combat.
I'm not in the same situation as I only have only had an hour or so in Lockon Flamming Cliffs. However I don't see that as too much of a problem as I come up to speed slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincuan View Post
Oh, and I definitely recommend getting the beta versions of Saitek Profiler and the drivers(http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=16643). They return the good old 3d-view from the old profiler. It allows you to click a button on the 3d-model and select that button for profiling. Much easier than scrolling up and down the list
That is fantastic advice. I have been thinking about the new beta SST programming software this week. I couldn't work out for the life of me why on earth there was no graphic 3d display in the most up to date software. For a noob like me that makes the whole programming process all the more daunting. I'm definately going to take your advise and use the beta software.

Thanks again guys for all your help.
"In a Christian context, sexuality is traditionally seen as a consequence of the Fall, but for Muslims, it is an anticipation of paradise. So I can say, I think, that I was validly converted to Islam by a teenage French Jewish nudist." Sheikh Abdul-Hakim Murad (Timothy Winter)
Konovalov is offline   Reply With Quote