View Single Post
Old 05-05-09, 03:04 PM   #171
Alexei Vostrkov
Swabbie

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Hello guys,

I'm new of this forum, played DW a bit but never tought about looking around for mods etc, after playing a lot with LWAMI i had need of new playable stuff for me and my friends, first look was at Alfa Tau since i'm Italian too, but well... RA seems a bit more complete.

I have downloaded the version from Mediafire on the First post of this thread, is it the last version available until a new release is up or there is any way for having a more recent release?

Thanks.

------------

On a side-note, i have DW installed on a Windows 7 Beta machine, and i managed after some hours to get the work done, sadly is a bit more complicated then with XP or Vista... follow these steps for install the RA mod (the problem is about bat files and folder privileges that are better to be left alone...)

The objective is to have both RA and Lwami usable by JSGME on Windows 7

1) Install Fresh DW
2) Patch 1.4
3) Cut and Paste the WHOLE "Dangerous Waters" folder on desktop (this allow the bat file to work without messing with privileges)
4) Extract the RA Mod package in the Dangerous Waters folder that now is on desktop
5) Run the installer bat file
6) Run the patch bat file
7) Put the folder back where it was in the Sonalysts Combat Simulators folder.
8) Make a new folder on Desktop named RA Mod
9) Copy and paste ALL the folders and the controllers.ini file from the Dangerous Waters folder to the new created RA Mod folder
10) Uninstall completely Dangerous waters and DELETE the Sonalysts Combat Simulations folder.
11) Make a fresh install of Dangerous Waters
12) Patch 1.4
13) Install LWAMI 3.09 or whatever version you want
14) Launche the JSGME tool ALWAYS as ADMINISTRATOR otherwise it have problems since it seems working but lack privileges for working in the Program Files folder.
15) Launch the game as ADMINISTRATOR (always do it on windows 7) check if all is working good both with and without LWAMI enabled
16) Go in the Dangerous Waters/Mods folder and put there the "RA Mod" folder that you have on your desktop.
17) While you are here, Download Alfa Tau mod, disable ALL mods (clicking the disable all) button in JSGME and install Alfa Tau too, now you can use Basic DW/LWAMI/RA all togheter.

Now you can enable and disable LWAMI or RA without any problem even on windows 7

Note: Is very very important that in RA Mod folder there are all the folders AND the controllers.ini file, otherwise the playable ships will not work and everything blow up.

If you are wondering how JSGME works is DAMN simple, when you enable a mod it JUST take all the files inside the Mods/"Mod Name" folder and put them in the main folder keeping a backup of the original ones, or at least, it sounds to work this way.

Last edited by Alexei Vostrkov; 05-05-09 at 03:22 PM.
Alexei Vostrkov is offline   Reply With Quote