View Single Post
Old 04-20-09, 12:37 AM   #117
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
Too many width-marks beyond the 90 degree angle mark most often suggests the range calculation went wrong. You either measured the wrong mast/flag/whatever, or the right mast but too short because of pixels vannishing (mast being thinner than halve a pixel). Or the level-line wasn't on the waterline.

If that is not the case you could have a bad intel. Meaning the recognition manual doesn't match the 3d model. What ship model was it?
The ships I'm using is only from GWX3 + St Nazaire and Schleuse and other Units + OLC Gold. I'm usually getting wrong calculations with smaller ships. But it isn't a rule since sometimes I manage to hit a tramp steamer from 5 km distance which is traveling 150 AOB. It's just funny when sometimes I'm having troubles in clearily reading AOB which is visually doing ~100 AOB at 1.5 km range. Mystery..

Thanks for the hint! It has to be invisible pixels while measuring the mast. I do experience difficulties sometime to clearly see where it ends or sometimes the top of the mast flickers. Resolution fix seems not doing much help with that too.