View Single Post
Old 04-16-09, 11:32 AM   #113
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact View Post
I see.. should I also unlock the scope on AOB or speed input to TDC ?

I'm so missing an updated video for OLC Gold from A to Z, it would surely cost less questions here
Yeah... sometimes.

I think it's for the best that there isn't a full "A to Z" tut. The OLC GUI and U-Jagd tools are the most fun when you really understand what they do and why they work, and what the TDC does and how it works, and tutorials can only do so much to aid understanding. When I say "understand" I don't mean "be able to explain the whole thing in math" I mean understand in the way that mechanic understands an engine.

Blindly following steps A B C to get a firing solution is a good way to start out, but I think that at some point you have to throw the tuts in the bin and just start messing around with **** until you start to get it. When you "get it" you can do things in whatever way and whatever order seems best in the current situation, and use the tools (including the TDC) truly as tools (rather than using them as black boxes).

I think the tuts cover everything they should. Some people seem to think that the tuts are supposed to be A Complete Guide To Everything In The Game, but in fact they're only meant to cover everything in OLC GUI, and that they do (except for the UZO marking lines ).