Old 04-16-09, 03:48 AM   #102
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact View Post
Hi

I remember myself when I first saw OLC GUI... It is really something different then I used to see in SH3 or GWX. The times when I wasn't using manual targetings and saw OLC GUI I thought to myself: "omg this is some sort of rocket science". And how it looks was a huge different in all aspects So I think it was not the right time for me to start using OLC GUI.

When I started to do manuall targetings, I'm now seeing things not so complicated and I feel already comfortable in not seeing ship icons anymore. Even not using the nav or tactic maps while on making attack.

So I guess you need time to bring yourself to upper level before start of using OLC GUI.

This was my story
Quite right. I wouldn't have been able to handle OLC GUI when I started out. It took me a while to get the hang of stock manual targetting, then when I got involved in the development of the U-Jagd tools I remember joegrundman having to explain the tools to me quite a few times before I got it. Even then it took me a while to get the hang of them, as the tutorial video shows.

I would say most people should get very familiar with normal manual targetting, and the TDC in particular, before they try OLC GUI.

Quote:
Do I need to recalculate range and set for every other ship individually ?

So I rewatched OLCU_Convoy_Attack_March41.avi and noticed that he measures range for every ship he's going to attack and before enterind range data to TDC he unlocks the target on the scope. I was not doing that so I think here is my problem
Yes, you need to recalculate the range for each shot. But if you use the right "tricks" then that's all you need to recalculate.

When the TDC is on Auto the Bearing and AOB are both automatically updated as the scope turns. When the TDC is on manual, neither of them are updated when the scope turns... BUT... when you switch it from manual back to auto it updates the bearing (if the scope has moved) without updating the AOB. So if the scope moves at all while the TDC is on Manual then it will mess up your firing solutions as soon as you switch it back to Auto, and seeing as the scope will get "dragged" around by any locked target that means you must unlock it before switching the TDC to manual (and not move it again until the TDC is back on auto).

This is the stock behaviour of the TDC. It's nothing new. As I said above, you really need to be familiar with the TDC (not just the notepad) before using OLC GUI.