Thread: Vista fun
View Single Post
Old 04-01-09, 05:47 AM   #33
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I am aware that you should not have several scanners of the same kind running. But I use free versions of the software(s) only, and while Firewall and Antivirus are active (Windows security centre items switched off and centre disabled), I think the free versions of Spybot and Adaware do not run in the background (just update services, but not the scanners). For Spybot, if I remember correctly, the registry protection (Tea Timer) could be switched to running constantly, and Spybot also blocks the websites in the immunisation databases, but the tea timer I have left off since my Mom does not know what to do if there are constantly some access requests and alarms on changes in the registry.

Spybot and AdAware scan for the same kind of things, but in the past I often had the situation that the one was finding what the other had left out, and the other way around.

Since I run the same software, even in wider functionality modes, I should see the same kind of problem on my system, shouldn't I?