Thread: Vista fun
View Single Post
Old 03-31-09, 04:18 PM   #29
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

One thing I noted is how incredibly slow things go: security scans. Okay, obviously CPU and Hd speed have a word here, but still: I scan via Avira AntiVir, Spybot S&D, A-squared and Ad-Aware. the notebook has not even 20 GB of data on the working partition. I compare to my own PC, a P4 with 3 GHz, and around 100 GB of data on the HD. Full scans on my PC system take 30 minutes for Spybot, and around 1 hour for the other scanners (in full mode). On the note book, with five times less data. antiVir scanned 40 minutes, Spybot was okay with 15 minutes, A-square scanning 90 minutes, and Ad-Aware I interruoted with crippled nerves after 2,5 hours and 50% of the progress bar visible.

HS! Do that once a week and you need a new HD inserted into the thing every year.

My Mom also now hates Vista, she says she can't remember the way where it sotres data and how it guides you around. But from that perspective it should be noted that now she is fit (without me giving many explanations), to navigate my own PC - running on XP.

She also currently suffers some form of mental paralysis due to the culture shock. She knew it is a big digital world out there- but now she gets an idea of HOW scaringly big it is.

I also installed Air Hockey for her. She plays it like a crazy 16 year old, laughing all the time.