View Single Post
Old 03-25-09, 04:05 PM   #383
polyfiller
Weps

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0

Guys ... apologies ... been trying to upload latest version of damage modelled ships to filefront .... it's been down for maintenance for the last 24 hours

Completed damage models, including damageable guns AND torpedoes for Kent Cruiser, Hipper Crusier and Deutschland class. Revised armour levels on Scharnhorst & Bismark. Also implemented damage zones on the KGV.

For the cruisers I've created seperate compartments for port & starboard deck mounted torps. Makes the damage / crew screens a little "clutterred" but it does work.

Ships also now have 3 damageable egnines (been doing some sneaky stuff with magic zones). This means that we can differntiate damage between port, starboard and centre turbine rooms for larger ships or port , star and reserve engines for smaller ships. For example if the graff spee has both it's port & starboard engines destroyed, the reserve engines will still drive the ship, at a reduced speed.

Thanks to Darkfish I've gotten the Graff Spee's main radar to rotate with the gun turrets. Haven't looked at doing the other ships yet. Might look at this tonight.

Also played around with ship physics a little more. Graf Spee seems to have turned out best thus far. Scharnhorst also good. Bismark still tends to bobble around too much. Let me know what you think. Oh .. almost forgot ... have substabntially reduced acceleration (more realistic).

I'll send PM's with link and password when filefront decides to play ball again.

.......I could do with an idea of which ships I'm going to receive next.
polyfiller is offline   Reply With Quote