Thread: Type IX/D2
View Single Post
Old 03-25-09, 05:38 AM   #24
martes86
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

This is fun...

Morpheus, do you realise that your "sort-of-points" are making us serious u-boot fans look like a bunch of stupid blind-faith kriegsmarine worshippers?

Shut up if you're not able to make a valid point. Thanks.

Now, a serious point here.

Yeah, I know what's Das Boot about, and still, I can't help loving it. It's terribly unrealistic speaking from an operations protocol point of view, and there's probably too much of a screaming act when under attack, etc.
Still, it's a movie (made for Hollywood, mind I add), it's about U-Boote, and regardless of poor depiction, it's damn cool. Das Boot was made to try to realisticly reflect some points of U-Boot warfare and its people, but not all of them... and while we might base our statements about U-Boote in this movie for a large part, it's for a great desire of making the environment in which we "play" the "game" a spectacular and fun show, which we can enjoy with a mixture of realism and spectacular fun show. Das Boot is seen like a bible for "U-Booting", but even though we base our acts on it, it's an accesory, and of course, those of us with a responsible and rational approach, try to make it a complement of even more realistic materials.

Now, for realistic protocols, you might want to watch "Morgenrot", a WW1 based german film made in the late 20's.

I'll post more if something comes up to mind.
martes86 is offline   Reply With Quote