View Single Post
Old 03-21-09, 07:09 PM   #372
polyfiller
Weps

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0

Almost forgot, request to all ship modellers / converters .... here are a few things that will help complete damage modelling;

1) If it's an AXIS ship, create a seperate dummy conning tower (this enables more than 10 compartments - thus enabling us to make the ship compartments / damage more realistic). This does not seem to affect allied ships for some reason.

2) Please, if using a conning tower, set the coordinates for the mount point to the main model to 0,0,0 in the main model - makes positioning and damage zoning the AA so much easier.

3) Create a seperate object file for each main turret - we need a seperate object and assigned damage zzone for each turret to enable turret damage to work. Using a single object file and seperate zones in the zone file alone DOES NOT WORK.

4) If torpedo tubes are added, add the zones that go along with them.

5) If using a seperate "dummy" conning tower, only assigne AA to it. Deck watch can go in the main UPCGE file.

I think that's all ... if I think of anything else I'll add to the post.... just want to achieve a more standardised approach to the ships I get to damage model .... it's still taking me around 40 hours to do one ship.

Results are looking good ... realistic sinking, systems actually stop working when damaged.

Have also found a really clever use for zone 29 - can be used as a 3rd level of engine redundancy.
polyfiller is offline   Reply With Quote