View Single Post
Old 03-18-09, 04:36 AM   #25
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Default yummy!

I inquired about MoBo several months ago. I looked at the pdf tutorial download, and tried a quick read after which I relized it would not be simple or easy for me to master. I put the tutorial aside for a couple of months, and then, last Friday my computer went to the shop. I downloaded a copy of the MoBo program to my laptop, which is too old to handle SH4, pulled out the tutorial yesterday, and began studying it, replicating your examples using the MoBo program downloaded to my laptop. I worked on it again today, and am about ready to tackle TMA at page 30.

Several of the functions are becoming easy to fairly easy to master, so I am well on my way to understanding how to operate the program. Initially, I thought I would get lost in the details and the various tools appeared as if they would overwhelm my capabilities. It appears to be a brilliant program and one that will become an indispensible part of my attack repetoire. I am particularly interested to see how the program works when plotting a target's heading and speed when submerged, as I do not fully understand the explanation on that aspect of the program.

I have a few other questions, but those can wait to be addressed until I encounter them in game play. My only other lurking concern is inserting the map over the game screen. It stems from the fact that my computer is in the shop and I was not able to test the tutorial re the overlay.

Clearly the Intercept tool is great, as is the TSD tool. I also like the AoB tool, as I am a fan of manual targeting, having started using it when I read Hitman's Tutorial on Manual Targeting at 100% Realism.

My opinion as of today is that this will be a superb Mod. I used to rely upon all sorts of Mods, but now my game mods are limited to RFB, RSRDC, a boat from Killflags, and Jamminadrid's small tools. MoBo should really be useful in plotting intercepts for high speed warships, as the program looks like it will enable me to plot an intercept from a greater distance, affording more time to set up for the attack.

It is one heck of a program. The tutorial is not for the meek, and it is taking me time to work through it, but both it and MoBo are impressive. Congratulations.