View Single Post
Old 03-13-09, 03:31 PM   #1442
auricom
Mate

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Hi there.. new to Silent hunter and these forums, but an avid aircraft simmer for years .. Having tons of fun w/ SHIV and SHIII .. have been dabbling in both swapping whenever I get frustrated..

Anyways, I encounted what may be a bug in TMO+RSRD and wanted to post it here to see if I'm crazy

Campaign: New Construction '42
Class: Gato
Torpedo's: default loadout (the buggy ones)

I get to the third or fourth objective, the one where you have to sink the small frigate with torpedos', just before you get sent on your first 'real' mission.. Playing at full realism except with : event camera on, external views on, map contact updates on..

I get to within a NM of the ensigns boat, and employ the Fast-90 strategy to line up my shot.. I've reloaded this scenario at least a half dozen times, and evvery time my torps pass right under the targets hull and do not detonate..

I have contact triggers set to 'contact influence' and torpedo depth set as shallow as they can go (4? is that dial in feet or m anyways?) ..

No matter what I can NOT get these things to hit the ship.. at their shallowest they aer still passing what looks like several feet under his keel .. I've had at least 10 'direct' hits where they pass directly underneath him

Is this a bug? am I doing something wrong? Anyone else have this problem?

I finally got frustrated, surfaced and tore him to shreds with my deck gun.. wiped that smug grin off HIS face

All ahead full; USS Growler out..
auricom is offline   Reply With Quote