View Single Post
Old 02-17-09, 09:14 AM   #209
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope_Grey
FWIW... Nisgeis I tried several methods to eliminate you as a suspect. When you gave into my blackmail and voted to lynch Aramike who you must have known was a wolf, you called my bluff and that threw me somewhat, well done, so then I decided to alter my approach and lean on Pinguin heavy in the hope you would let your guard down. But you didn't really... you refused to vote for him. Which pretty much clued me in as you were the wolf. But I wasn't certain... so had to backtrack then and try to make up the missing ground with Pinguin.
I voted when it made no difference, just in case Aramike was a wolf. At the start, once about 25 - 30% of the total votes available in the early game have been cast, then it's safe to jump on the bandwagon without unduly affecting the outcome of the vote. In the later game, I randomly went from voting at the end, to voting for you, who by that time (after I saw your PM) I knew was not a wolf. I had no idea Aramike was a werewolf, he was very good at hiding. Hitman I kind of guessed, but then he threw me a couple of curve balls, and the narrative of his death (veins like cords and great strength) sort of implied he was the hell hound. TF not a clue, Firewall not a clue, they were very good, or I wouldn't have killed them. The only thing they did was to vote independently, which made them stand out.

I thought about not voting right away the last day, as I considered that it would likely make you switch targets from Weiss Pinguin to me, but at the point, with the two guardians being named, there was no way to win, unless the humans did something really stupid. I was banking that Mookie and AVSM would miss the vote. You clearly had no way of knowing if the werewolf was me or Weiss Pinguin. I could have stuck it out another day, but there really wasn't much point.

I did have some success convincing Weiss Pinguin that your PM was a fake though. I did consider whipping up a fake, but the game was time consuming enough, without having to go through all that rubbish :-).