View Single Post
Old 02-15-09, 04:38 PM   #11
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Since SH3 and SH4 are so close in file structure I suspect you are having the same issue I did. I did a clean install of SH4 on the Vista OS and got exactly what you did. I see the intro and then upon the actual loading screen, nothing but black yet I hear the music play etc. SH4 does not like when you are using Vista in starting the game with your video card already tweaked. In other words, I had to reset my video card to all the default values as if it was straight out of the box brand spank'in new. Then start your game (as I did) and the loading screen can be seen after the movie intro. After you have done this, go back and reset your card to the tweaks you like. It should work no problem after this. Do not look for new drivers and all that good stuff. It did not help me at all. I just loaded the current driver and left my card at the defaults. The game loaded and all was good.

As a note, I have a Nvidia card and use the standard Nvida program for card adjustments. I have read that the ATI card is much the same issue with SH3/4 and using Vista as the OS. Some have gone to 3rd party card programs for tweaking to get 3/4 to work but I know you can use the standard program for tweaks provided by the manufacture of your card. I'm the proof in the pudding on that.
Hmmm. I've being using one of those third party programs. nHancer in this case. Should I uninstall it prior to attempting to install SH3?
Torplexed is offline   Reply With Quote