View Single Post
Old 02-15-09, 04:33 PM   #9
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annatar
I'm on Vista and 've not had any issues. Vista is a real nanny-OS though and doesn;t let you mess around with the Program Files folder, which can cause issues with modding in many games.
If you get Vista just make a point of installing all of your games to a different directory (I use C:/Games/) and it should be okay. That's my experience anyway.
Yes, Vista really is just a nanny OS. I could not agree more. But, once you understand what MS is attempting to do (keep you from hurting yourself by removing sharp objects ) using the OS is fairly simple. Just make root folders and do not load programs into the X86 or MS progam files unless you specifically have to. Originally I loaded into the X86 program files and extracting mod files to my MODS folder produced errors. Vista was saying no no, bad do not do this. So, I made a root folder and named it Games2. All my games go here now. Mods load not problem and all my games are in one spot. It really is not a scary OS when you thinking in the same lines as MS is/was when they created the thing.