View Single Post
Old 02-13-09, 09:35 AM   #184
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by groomsie
OK, I adjusted volume up and now have Saigon coming in. AFRS seems to be just nothing (no static, just "blank")...I'll need to fiddle some more.

Thanks for the assistance Fred8615; a quick question--is the AFRS broadcast continuous, or are there dead air times even when the station is available to broacast? It looks to me like a show is broadcast only on certain days and may only last a set period of time. Is this correct?
Programs in the Events folder are controlled by the events.ini file. By using it, you can have specific shows play at set dates and times. If there's no music in the year folders, then you won't hear anything until a show is scheduled to play. This is the case with all my stations. None of them have continious programing like what the real stations of that era had. Not only for reasons of size and availability of shows, but who wants to listen to soap operas all day long?

The MusicVolumeOnNews= setting is to turn down the music on the radio when an event plays. Otherwise you would hear both at the same time. It has no effect when an event is not playing. I use the .01 setting to get the best hearing for the scripted events.
fred8615 is online   Reply With Quote