View Single Post
Old 02-09-09, 03:12 PM   #127
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

07:30 aboard U-13 on the foredeck.

Jimbuna looked at his assembled crew and couldn't help but feel admiration for the way they had acted in the past during times of great danger during combat. Many a time it was left to one of the older hands to calm the nerves of a youngster. Often he had witnessed a youngster with greater fitness abilities help an older man with a strenouos task.....good team players they were.

Jimbuna suddenly came out of his reminiscence when the realisation suddenly hit him in the face about the real reason for his men being assembled before him.

Fincuan brought the men to attention then after a nod from Jimbuna Nisgeis stood them at ease.

Jimbuna "Right, I am sure by now you are all well aware of the tragic course of events during the night. There are facts we need to establish and establish them I will".

Over the course of the next hour Jimbuna spoke to each one individually at the far end of the jetty. Everyone including the officers....nobody apart from Firewall for the time being was excepted.

What bits people knew were pieced together in Jimbunas mind and ran something like this:

Raptor 1 had went below with Jimbuna at approximately 01:00 and after sharing the story of the myth was seen to exit the boat at the conning tower hatch at about 02:00. This was accurate as far as Jimbuna was concerned because the Chief told him he was going to do a last check everything was okay before retiring for the night.

When challenged by the sentries the Chief told them he was going ashore to look for Firewall.

'You bloody old fool' Jimbuna said to himself in his mind 'If only you had asked me I would have sent an armed guard with you my friend'

Jimbuna couldn't help thinking if the Chief was sincere when reciting the story of the man eating wolves and saw this as an opportunity to find out once and for all.

'It was definitely once and for all my friend' Jimbuna thought.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)