View Single Post
Old 02-06-09, 08:22 AM   #72
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

If you have a small LED blinker or something like that making a tiny light spot, switch off the screen so that it is black, sit at the desk and type. Keep that position , your normal working or playin g psoiton, and keep it exactly. Put the light exactly between your eyes, and see the reflection of it on the monitor. Horizontally, you want to see it exactly on the centerline between left and right side of the monitor, and vertically in the middle of the upper half, that means if you move down from top to bottom: the borderline between Top and second quarter of the screen.

That would be the academical way to approach the problem of how to sit correctly at a screen.

24" is not small, make sure you are sitting at a distance from it. I have a 22", and my eyes are positioned one and a half arms length away from the screen. The more away you are, the smaller is the angle from your eyes to top and bottom of the screen. the smaller the angle, the smaller the effect of differing brightness and colours when looking at different parts of the screen.

For 22", 1680x1050 already is hardware native resolution. I don't know but maybe for 24" it is even higher. Avoid to increase font sizes by using general greater font size settings (there is one that allows you two switch between two or three sizes), it may make older games not displaying correctly. Instead, go to right-click-on-desktop/Eigenschaften/Darstellung/Erweitert and finetune the wanted font for any element type on desktop manually. It takes more time, but you do it only once. For using Words, do not use the Words icon, but create a shortcut to an empty word document where you already have readjust page format and fonts to your liking. Use this to start Words. Write-protect this document, of course, so that you do not overwrite it. That way it is also the most easy option to have several different document formats available to start Words with without needing to fiddle with the menues inside Words to find the scheme you want, which takes more time. Just have several .doc-shortcuts on your desktop.