View Single Post
Old 01-31-09, 06:13 PM   #281
Anton88
Helmsman

Downloads: 121
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
As for the "All I ask in return" is faces and uniforms, it is on the list but we have a lot of work to do and with Real Life, we are behind schedule from where we want to be. And it is a big task especially the faces. So if setting conditions that we must do them in order for your help then thank you but NO. We are beginners at this and are doing the best we can with the knowledge we have.

Peabody

Its not a condition.. its just something that I'd really hoped for.. Having crew with German uniforms and faces does not make it authentic.
As for the Japanese voices, I see the point you are trying to make. The thing is, we got all we need.. We do have Japanese Submarine movies out there, and with the exact phrases/orders/shouting we need. As for the copyright, I don't think its gonna be a big deal to to this. (Personally the producers would be happy to see this, .. you know the Japanese like to glorify their war heroes in movies, alot more then in the west). I don't think they would object to have their actor's voices in a submarine game.
-- Look at those that made the mod for Silent Hunter III (Gray wolves..)... they used the speech from Das Boot.. (like Alllarrrrrrrrmmmm!!... schnell, schnell..etc)
And the German marches from ww2, and the Tipperrary song... I would not worry so much about copy right...
Besides, we are not making profit from this.. none of us.
I think its more realistic to have the sounds from the movie, then have a person talk.. and all my films have Subtitles, so I know what they are saying.
Another thing I was gonna suggest... you might know the Japanese faces from Battlefield 1942.. (everyone has played this game at one time or another)..
you think those faces might help us in any way in modelling the crew? Your're the expert in animation,.. not me

-peace-
Anton88 is offline   Reply With Quote