View Single Post
Old 01-21-09, 11:09 PM   #265
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenandthejets
Just a tiny point about the numbers in screen shots. The gothic numbers seem a little out of place. Would it be possible to use the Japanese characters?
The signatures on any documents for promotion etc would look better with a "hanko" seal on them.

Sorry to nitpick and I hope you don't get the wrong impression This is truly awesome stuff!

PS Hope you overcome the launching planes / minisub problems. Managing to get a shore bombardment mission would be great too!

PPS Assorted photos from Japanese archives being searched for now. Crew of three native Japanese on it!

PPPS Re: ship traffic, off all the major rivers mouths near Japan: literally swarming with fishing boats, sampans and small commercial craft. I watch the trawlers and fishing boat fleets everyday at the entrance of Tokyo Bay, scuttling out of the way of RORO and container ships. Sailing on the surface within 10km of the coast near the four main islands without literally bumping into one would be almost impossible. On the upside not many were fitted with "rajios" so the IJN wouldn't know until they reached port.
1. Japanese Characters on torp lights I assume you mean, the Japanese Characters I found for numbers were a quite large, several characters for each number. But we may be able to do it.

2 I will make a note of the Hanko seal. Possible.

3 Launching planes from the sub is not going to happen any time soon. I don't know if it can even be done.

4. The minisub works, it is just the way the game is, once you pick a sub for your career, you are stuck with it unless the game offers you a new one. I don't think anyone wants to play the Campaign with a minisub and two torpedos. We were thinking about putting in some Quick missions (single missions) with the minisub to infiltrate different harbors with a specific target.

5. Shore bombardment did happen in the US so we may include one for historical reasons. But there really isn't much to shoot at with a sub.

@ Tater:

What exactly did you mean by "I think that all the ports could use some upgrade" Are you talking traffic?

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote