EFileTahi-A
A-ganger

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frame57
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFileTahi-A
Many to thanks to all of you for your awesome replies!

So, how would a submarine benifect by having large ballast tanks?
What could change the ascending / descending speed without propulsion at all?
Not sure I understand the question entirely. Submarines are designed to be positively bouyant when the MBT's are empty of water. When the MBT valves are opened water fills the tanks and you submerge. A very simple process that is independant of speed. The trim system on subs is more like a fine tuning to maintain neutral bouyancy, which is the ideal state for a submarine to be in. The amount of water brought in to the boat is the sole factor of what affects bouyancy. The size of the ballast tanks have to be designed on the size/weight of the sub being built. Everything has to be proportional.
Well, since in my game the player has to build the submarine by increasing / decreasing to several aspects of the sub's chassis, I need to understand what attribute(s) should I create to increase the subs ascending / descending speed.

Since MTBs are filled with water or air to ascend or descend, will not the maximum quantity of water / air MBT they can hold change the speed of the refered ascending / descending operations?

"In wild life, red and black often alert predators to stay away..."
EFileTahi-A is offline   Reply With Quote