View Single Post
Old 12-18-08, 02:49 PM   #173
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down
Okay. I am with you so far. Are you saying that if I transfer the downloanded the music for 1941 - 1945 in the 1941 folder for say, CBS, that when the year 1942 begins the CBS station will play music from 1942? That is what it seems like you are saying. If so, it means I can download all of the music for the CBS station into its 1941 folder, and I will be done with installing music for that station .

Of course, I will have to repeat that process for each station, but that is not a big deal.
You don't want to put music beyond the given year in a folder, unless you want to hear all the music in that year station. If you want to be historically accurate, you shouldn't put 1942 music and beyond in the 1941 folder, 1943 in 1942, etc. Now you can if you want put the previous year's music in a later year folder, 1942 and even 1941 in 1943 for example. But I personally don't reccommend or do this myself. Both to save drive space and because there's more than enough music in each year set to listen to.

Now of course all this is assuming you're using the period music. If not, then of course everything you want to hear has to go in each year folder. There is a way to fix the station however so you won't need the year folders, and can save some space. If anyone's interested I can post the instructions. It does take some work, but it will save you duplicating your music.

Quote:
I you agree with the above, I am set to rock and roll (or swing or jive, as they might say at the time).

You should rename this mod, "The really hard mod." It has been a ball buster.
It's not that if you follow the instructions in the readme.

Last edited by fred8615; 12-18-08 at 02:50 PM.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote