View Single Post
Old 12-18-08, 09:14 AM   #171
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down
If I move downlaoded songs for 1941, for example, into the 1941 folder for a particular station , will the station play music? (As you noted in the original post, some captains do not want 1945 music, for example, playing during 1941, so downloaded songs for 1945 would be naturally be moved to the 1945 folder.)
Yes, but only during 1941. The stations only play for their assigned year. Once the game switches to the year 1942, the 1941 station stops, and the 1942 station starts. In case you're wondering, you won't have to change channels when the year changes as I'm using the radio's overlap feature by putting the frequencies right next to each other (only a .01 difference in channel numbers).

Quote:
If ithe station will play music, will the songs play when there is no news being broadcast by that station?
Yes. In fact, that's why you need music in the radio stations. Otherwise you have dead air inbetween scripted events.

Quote:
If the radio stations will play music without screwing up the news, then conceptually one could install 1941 songs into each radio station that contains a 1941 folder, although it would use up a lot of space on a hard drive, and might require selecting one station for the intallation of the music files to save hard drive space, or alternatively, using an external hard drive to provide enough disk space to load the files into several station folders. Am I on the right track (no pun intended)?
Unfortunately the game is set up to where you have to put music in each and every radio station folder. It would've been nice if they would allow use of a separate music folder(s), but they didn't, so the hard drive space usage is unavoidable.

FYI you can have multiple stations using the same folder. It's how my AFRS station is set up if you want to use up to 4 shorter range stations. However, you would only hear the scripted programming for that one folder in each station that linked to it. So it's no good for programming different networks.

If you have anymore questions, just send'em!

Last edited by fred8615; 12-18-08 at 09:18 AM.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote