View Single Post
Old 12-17-08, 03:53 PM   #170
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Default music question

Hi. I have not downloaded any mucic yet, but I am about to begin that endeavor. I saw a post some time ago regarding playing music on the radio, but quit searching for it because it was taking a long time to read through all of the posts, and I never did find the post I was searching for. Rather than having the music files in the gramaphone, I prefer to listen to them on the radio. Several radio stations folders contain subfolders labeled "1941", "1942", etc.

If I move downlaoded songs for 1941, for example, into the 1941 folder for a particular station , will the station play music? (As you noted in the original post, some captains do not want 1945 music, for example, playing during 1941, so downloaded songs for 1945 would be naturally be moved to the 1945 folder.)

If ithe station will play music, will the songs play when there is no news being broadcast by that station?

If the radio stations will play music without screwing up the news, then conceptually one could install 1941 songs into each radio station that contains a 1941 folder, although it would use up a lot of space on a hard drive, and might require selecting one station for the intallation of the music files to save hard drive space, or alternatively, using an external hard drive to provide enough disk space to load the files into several station folders. Am I on the right track (no pun intended)?

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 12-18-08 at 03:31 AM.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote