SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   do you think isreal could become part of the EU ? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=84542)

Kapitan 09-18-05 11:23 AM

do you think isreal could become part of the EU ?

title speaks for itself but what do you guys think i personaly think it be a good idea i mean they are allies of america and britian and most of europe so i dont see why not i mean we allowed turkey so why not isreal ?

martes86 09-18-05 11:29 AM

I see that as quite impossible. :o
Israel is in Middle East. No piece of it is Europe. Turkey at least has some land in Eastern Europe. But Israel doesn't. I can't imagine of the EU accepting Israel. Then, why not accept China or Japan? :-j

Kapitan 09-18-05 11:30 AM

it would be nice if we had all the democratic states in a union like the EU cause then we could all support each other

Skybird 09-18-05 11:43 AM

Hell, no! Is the middle east part of Europe all of a sudden???? And a whole bag of aeons-old problems and ethnic hate and rivalries and violance putting onto Brussel's table that right now hardly can deal with 25 members that are already there? Another stepstone of Washington anchored in the heart of European policy making, with Turkey maybe follwing afterwards, weakening European independence from America, even more: an independence that already is fragile?

No, never.

Skybird 09-18-05 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kapitain
it would be nice if we had all the democratic states in a union like the EU cause then we could all support each other

we could picnic together and exchange recipes for mousse-au-chocolat, there would be a lot of laughter and joy, and much love in the air, bees are humming, flowers are smelling, and in the evening we all wish each other a heartly Good-night, and all of Israel's neighbours would smile and say how lovely it is to look at us. Paradise established!

What are you smoking?

martes86 09-18-05 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kapitain

In a union like EU, but not in the EU itself. If it was in the EU, it wouldn't be EU anymore.

Kapitan 09-18-05 11:49 AM

hey its just a crazy off the wall idea

Takeda Shingen 09-18-05 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird
we could picnic together and exchange recipes for mousse-au-chocolat, there would be a lot of laughter and joy, and much love in the air, bees are humming, flowers are smelling, and in the evening we all wish each other a heartly Good-night, and all of Israel's neighbours would smile and say how lovely it is to look at us. Paradise established!

What are you smoking?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kapitan 09-18-05 12:34 PM

lol thats a good one

Type941 09-18-05 12:42 PM

No! Just like 'no' to Turkey. What's the benefit to EU?

TLAM Strike 09-18-05 01:11 PM

Why not, Hawaii isn't really part of North America yet they are part of the United States of America. :lol:
While we’re at it why not make Europe the 51st state and China the 52nd state! :hmm:

Kapitan 09-18-05 01:17 PM

hey dont forget russia as the 53rd state :D

martes86 09-18-05 01:22 PM

That doesn't count in. The USA is a country, not a union evolved from several economical agreements. :lol:

Type941 09-18-05 01:23 PM

and all the former soviet republics sponsored by the US 'democracy' organizations should get a little US flag in the corner of their own. You know, as title sponsor. :up:

martes86 09-18-05 01:23 PM

Wait, why not getting Russia in the EU. Moscow is in Europe. :-j