SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   More help please (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=247552)

Marshall Ney 12-04-20 09:55 AM

More help please

I have been fiddling with mods, getting use to stock SH4, etc,etc. So, I decided to try putting a second copy of SH$ on my c-drive. I downloaded both regular TMO mod and TMOTW one and loaded each one, but not both together. AND I get no indication that when I launch game and arrive at main menu that either mod is active. I have 2 separate files not on program areas and two separate shortcuts. However, after launching the 2nd one w/TMOTW I noticed that the "load a game " was enabled. When I clicked on it, I see the saves from mod#1 I have been playing last day or so. I saw on a YouTube video that on main game screen there is a notation of TMO mod in this area, even though it's only credits. Some notation should be there correct??? Is there a way to correct this, or what?? I have windows 10 and both of these new files of SH4/1.5 are out any program files, directly to C-drive. The first modded one is from old gold disc I had of SH4. However, second file for TMO mod is copied from Steam files, which is also on my computer also.

I hope I have given enough info to possibly help. In advance, thanks,

MN:Kaleun_Applaud:

KaleunMarco 12-04-20 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall Ney (Post 2711293)
I have been fiddling with mods, getting use to stock SH4, etc,etc. So, I decided to try putting a second copy of SH$ on my c-drive. I downloaded both regular TMO mod and TMOTW one and loaded each one, but not both together. AND I get no indication that when I launch game and arrive at main menu that either mod is active. I have 2 separate files not on program areas and two separate shortcuts. However, after launching the 2nd one w/TMOTW I noticed that the "load a game " was enabled. When I clicked on it, I see the saves from mod#1 I have been playing last day or so. I saw on a YouTube video that on main game screen there is a notation of TMO mod in this area, even though it's only credits. Some notation should be there correct??? Is there a way to correct this, or what?? I have windows 10 and both of these new files of SH4/1.5 are out any program files, directly to C-drive. The first modded one is from old gold disc I had of SH4. However, second file for TMO mod is copied from Steam files, which is also on my computer also.

launch JSGME. go to Tasks-Export-Copy-to-Clipboard. then paste that into a reply-post here.
keep going...you are probably just about there.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Marshall Ney 12-04-20 11:15 AM

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Silent Hunters wolves of the pacific\MODS]

TMOwTw 2.50

I hope you meant from 2nd game w/TMO mods.

MN

KaleunMarco 12-04-20 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall Ney (Post 2711303)
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Silent Hunters wolves of the pacific\MODS]

TMOwTw 2.50

I hope you meant from 2nd game w/TMO mods.

MN

looks ok to me: you are running straight TMOwTw.
Make ready for sea and shove off with the tide.
Good luck! and Good Hunting!
:Kaleun_Salute:

Marshall Ney 12-04-20 12:23 PM

So you are saying mod should be functioning?? Okay I'll give it a go.

MN:Kaleun_Cheers:

mikesn9 12-04-20 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall Ney (Post 2711293)

The way I read this, you have 2 SH4 games installed in different directories.

Unless you're using the Multi Install setup (Prop and/or Marco can help you on that), each installed game will use the same Save folder (SH4/... ) in your documents folder.

KaleunMarco 12-04-20 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall Ney (Post 2711328)
So you are saying mod should be functioning?? Okay I'll give it a go.

MN:Kaleun_Cheers:

yes, that is exactly what i am saying.

if you decide to try TMO simultaneously, then you need to implement MultiSH4. there is plenty of documentation on that already. Check out Theberbster's post.

km

Marshall Ney 12-04-20 06:50 PM

First, thanks for all who have helped me the last week.

After reading over the amount of effort&time to run multiple mods, I found my mind becoming numb. So, I just deleted all libraries of SH4 and just installed a clean new one from my disc. Then launched game, and then loaded up TMOwTw and it's running just fine. I see the "ghost of the Japanese coast" on loading screen. I am happy with this, because when I thought I wanted to come to SH4, the mod I thought I was going to use, was TMO. But I'll try this and see how it goes.

MN:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

propbeanie 12-05-20 11:26 AM

The important thing, after getting out of the Windows "Program Files" folder and then mod activation, is to empty the Save folder by deleting its contents ("C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4"). The game re-creates the folder and its contents upon re-start, and then "plays" the game from that new info. If you don't clear the Save folder, then the game uses a mix of what you had before, and some of the new info, which can result in oddities or crashes...