SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   good all in one mod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=245134)

boapiu 05-17-20 12:58 PM

good all in one mod

Hello all. Thinking of modding SH3 and am asking for recommendation as to a good mod to install. Mainly just interested in improving graphics. Don't have enough game time to know if greater realism is wanted.
Also, my only mod experience is TWoS in SH5. TIA.

ivanov.ruslan 05-17-20 01:52 PM

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=220643

3catcircus 05-17-20 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boapiu (Post 2671253)
Hello all. Thinking of modding SH3 and am asking for recommendation as to a good mod to install. Mainly just interested in improving graphics. Don't have enough game time to know if greater realism is wanted.
Also, my only mod experience is TWoS in SH5. TIA.

If all you want is eye candy, either Living Silent Hunter v2015 or War Ace Campaign 5.2.

Aquelarrefox 05-17-20 10:33 PM

The big mods are this:

-Gwx3 old, stable needing a sip of fixes, balanced
-Russian gwx and onealex gwx(urk) are revamped versions
-Nygm ugly, less roster, most avant garde features, best rdn
-Lsh is focus in eye candie
-Ccom from the lsh I believe much focus in roster maybe what are you looking for.
-wac 5, eye candy, unstable, incredible scr, a matter piece emails incompatible with any other mega mod ids.

I play and hybrid from nygm and gwx and other modder here uses a nygm and ccom hybrid, but to do it needs to know fire knowledge.

But depending on what you want to do, some mods shield go cross megamod and other not.

bstanko6 05-18-20 12:40 AM

NYGM if you want realism. I think it’s the best!

Levyathan89 05-18-20 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boapiu (Post 2671253)
Hello all. Thinking of modding SH3 and am asking for recommendation as to a good mod to install. Mainly just interested in improving graphics.

Try WAC 5.0. It's got all the eye candy in one mod. Might be a bit unstable, though.

boapiu 05-18-20 06:13 AM

Thanks all for the responses. Going to read up on these different options and give one a try. Will update.

Aquelarrefox 05-18-20 06:47 AM

Be careful, some of this options require using at least h.sie patch, nygm h.sie and steibler too.

divemonkie 05-25-20 01:17 PM

GWX 3.0
If your new to the sim.
it's been around for awhile, has it's own installer that includes JSGME making it easy to get started. As you grow and learn it has a huge number of modds many ready made for it

boapiu 05-25-20 06:02 PM

thanks, been messing around with GWX and LSH mods. just curious, what does NYGM stand for?

FUBAR295 05-25-20 07:39 PM

Not Your Grandmothers Mod (NYGM). :Kaleun_Salute:

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

U301 05-26-20 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUBAR295 (Post 2672901)
Not Your Grandmothers Mod (NYGM). :Kaleun_Salute:

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

:Kaleun_Cheers:
KUrtz

boapiu 05-26-20 03:36 PM

okay, this may seem an absolutely stupid question but, once GWX is installed, do the mods listed in JSGME window need to be activated in order for the Grey Wolves mod to take effect?
In other words, are mods like...
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Alternate Loadscreen - Full Circle
...etc, part of GWX mega mod or are they optional additions?
Also, is there a listing of what effect each mod has on the game; graphics, gameplay, realism, whatever?
Thanks.

John Pancoast 05-26-20 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boapiu (Post 2673070)
okay, this may seem an absolutely stupid question but, once GWX is installed, do the mods listed in JSGME window need to be activated in order for the Grey Wolves mod to take effect?
In other words, are mods like...
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Alternate Loadscreen - Full Circle
...etc, part of GWX mega mod or are they optional additions?
Also, is there a listing of what effect each mod has on the game; graphics, gameplay, realism, whatever?
Thanks.

Any mod on the left side screen of JSGME is not activated including those you list.
To see what each does, check out the manual.

boapiu 05-28-20 07:55 AM

by way of update

So often posts are answered and one does not know if the original poster ever got things sorted. I wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in these forums for helping and especially to the U-Tube videos from Wolfpack345 for his mods showcase and SH3 Bstanko6.
Best of luck to you all and keep up the good work.
My game is successfully modded to my liking, so far, and running smoothly.