SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Changing Renown (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=244032)

j3ffb66 02-26-20 04:15 PM

Changing Renown

How can I change my renown to allow me to purchase additional item?

I’ve already converted to the dark side , so.....

Doolar 02-26-20 04:54 PM

Re

This is what I do and it works. navigate to :

The Documents Folder / sh3 / data / cfg /careers / xxxx / patrols_ 0, open, and near bottom adjust " delta renown " and save. (xxxx= Career Name)

Aktungbby 02-26-20 05:35 PM

Welcome aboard!

j3ffb66!:Kaleun_Salute:

j3ffb66 02-26-20 06:11 PM

forgot to mention i am in career mode and playing through steam....

THEBERBSTER 02-27-20 07:31 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > j3ffb66
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

John Pancoast 02-27-20 11:00 AM

I'm not at my sh3 computer, but I believe the renown values are also found in your basic.cfg file.

Someone correct me if wrong.

Randomizer 02-27-20 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2651578)
I'm not at my sh3 computer, but I believe the renown values are also found in your basic.cfg file.

Someone correct me if wrong.

This works for most Mods but for some reason editing renown in the Basic.cfg file does not seem to affect the CCoM super mod. No idea why.

-C

John Pancoast 02-27-20 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randomizer (Post 2651586)
This works for most Mods but for some reason editing renown in the Basic.cfg file does not seem to affect the CCoM super mod. No idea why.

-C

Thanks for the info. !

propbeanie 02-27-20 01:49 PM

Each ship and plane has a cfg file that has a renown setting for if you destroy it. If "friend", it subtracts and if foe, it adds. Different mods do change those values. :salute:

Randomizer 02-27-20 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2651592)
Each ship and plane has a cfg file that has a renown setting for if you destroy it. If "friend", it subtracts and if foe, it adds. Different mods do change those values. :salute:

With the CCoM it's the renown cost for torpedoes that seems impervious to modding away. Zero all renown costs for all torpedo entries in the Basic.cfg, fire up the mod and the costs are still there when you fit out your boat. I have been unable to find other files where torpedo renown costs might live.

-C

propbeanie 02-27-20 03:23 PM

I cannot find my copy of CCoM just yet, but are you referring to the section of the Basic.cfg file, toward the bottom, with the "[TORPEDO_TYPE*]" sections, where the "*" refers to the number of each torpedo? Be mindful of the Dates down there... :salute:

Randomizer 02-27-20 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2651606)
I cannot find my copy of CCoM just yet, but are you referring to the section of the Basic.cfg file, toward the bottom, with the "[TORPEDO_TYPE*]" sections, where the "*" refers to the number of each torpedo? Be mindful of the Dates down there... :salute:

No need to mess with the dates but inputing a value of zero as the renown cost for every item and upgrade in the Basic.cfg file still exhibits renown costs. The editing actually took some time, term searching for "renown", examining the context of every hit and then editing the existing value to zero. Rinse and repeat - a lot... Doing exactly the same edits in the GWX3 Basic.cfg works as intended, that is zero renown costs for torpedoes and upgrades when in the Bunker.

No idea why the Basic.cfg edit works with GWX but not CCoM. Renown is not an issue with NYGM. Presumably in CCoM the renown values are kept elsewhere but I cannot figure out where as yet.

I think that the whole renown as career currency idea is silly and tiresome but it is not a game-breaking irritant. The only Renown in the game that is of interest mounts six-15" guns and makes a great target.

-C

propbeanie 02-28-20 09:30 AM

One thing to remember when editing files of this type is that the game is using a copy of a file with those settings that resides in the Save folder. It might be that a clearing of the Save folder will pull your new version of Basic.cfg in. This of course destroys what you have for Options for the game, and any career saves... Copying and temporarily moving the data to another location on the computer, then deleting the SH3 folder would tell you quickly.

Perhaps searching the Save folder for the file containing those "[TORPEDO_TYPE*]" sections could be overwritten with your settings? I do not recall if the game copies the Basic.cfg in whole with that name to the Save folder, or if it gathers data from several files, combining them and naming it something else... ?? :salute:

Randomizer 02-28-20 11:53 AM

I have already tried this as resetting custom settings is a small price to pay. And it does not explain why exactly the same edits work in GWX3 and not in CCoM without deleting the saved games folder. But thanks for the input, it's appreciated and your grasp of how both SH3 and SH4 work is far superior to mine.

-C

Sailor Steve 02-28-20 04:27 PM

Why would anyone want to "buy" extra items? You can have all my renown if you like.