SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Ahnenerbe 1920x1080 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=240833)

Broomwagon 04-22-19 07:29 AM

Ahnenerbe 1920x1080

Ok so I've got the Ahnenerbe 1920 x1080 GUI on SHIII and it's really good, I really like it. However, before that I had one of the sub interior mods which allow you to freeroam around the inside of the sub (engine etc) - however the new widescreen GUI is incompatible with it which is a shame - anyone know how I can use both the 1920x1080 GUI and have a sub interior too?

ThePrody 04-22-19 08:23 AM

FM_NewInterior v2.1D works fine with Ahnenerbe Widegui mod .

Broomwagon 04-22-19 01:32 PM

Yes, I've got that, it doesn't work for me - it just crashes if I enable in whilst Ahnenerbe is enabled.

ThePrody 04-22-19 03:35 PM

With NYGM works fine and i think it should work with GWX also, i think i saw others using it . Ahnenerbe should be installed last .

Mussalo 04-27-19 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broomwagon (Post 2604973)
Yes, I've got that, it doesn't work for me - it just crashes if I enable in whilst Ahnenerbe is enabled.

I had the same exact problem some time ago. Fiddling with the mod order might do trick. Sadly I can't remember the exact order or solution.
4GB patch is also highly recommended to make sure the game has enough memory for those rather large mods.

Lannes 05-04-19 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mussalo (Post 2606115)
I had the same exact problem some time ago. Fiddling with the mod order might do trick. Sadly I can't remember the exact order or solution.
4GB patch is also highly recommended to make sure the game has enough memory for those rather large mods.

This. After returning to SH3 after a long hiatus and having to load everything again, including GWX Gold and Ahnenerbe 1920x1080, the 4GB patch was a must have for everything to run together correctly.

Broomwagon 05-05-19 05:37 AM

Thank you Mussalo and Lannes - the 4gb has sorted it, seems its a must for mods.

Aktungbby 05-05-19 11:56 AM

Welcome aboard!

Broomwagon!:Kaleun_Salute:

von Zelda 05-07-19 02:14 AM

Ahnenerbe Widegui mod

Recently downloaded Ahnenerbe Widegui Final mod and it has d3d9.dll & d3d9 config files but seems to be missing the d3d9.ini file because it will not load.

Where can I find this d3d9.ini file?

THEBERBSTER 05-07-19 04:03 AM

Hi vZ
When you unzip the downloaded file the mod folder you are looking at when enabled will put the 2 d3d9 files in your main game folder.
Peter
https://i.postimg.cc/C56Wp1qn/lsh3-dev.gif

von Zelda 05-07-19 10:13 AM

Missing file error previously; I will try again.

von Zelda 05-08-19 11:12 AM

As promised, I re-installed Ahnenerbe Widegui Final mod with the generic mod enabler to stock SH3, as before. It includes two files, d3d9.dll & d3d9 (a config file apparently). Both files positively installed within the SH3 directory.

Initialize game with SH3 Commander and the resulting error message appeared: "Can not initialize 3D engine"

Removed both d3d9 files, and then removed them individually; and restarted SH3. Game boots up all three ways with the mod but I could tell that the screen was cut off along the top and on the right side making it unplayable. But, the mod did install.

I changed screen ratios with all available ratios (7 of them) on my laptop from 1366 x 768 to 800 x 600 and also changed between "maintain aspect ratio", "scale full screen" & "center image".

Result: Mod does not work on my setup.
Any suggestions?

John Pancoast 05-08-19 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by von Zelda (Post 2608240)
As promised, I re-installed Ahnenerbe Widegui Final mod with the generic mod enabler to stock SH3, as before. It includes two files, d3d9.dll & d3d9 (a config file apparently). Both files positively installed within the SH3 directory.

Initialize game with SH3 Commander and the resulting error message appeared: "Can not initialize 3D engine"

Removed both d3d9 files, and then removed them individually; and restarted SH3. Game boots up all three ways with the mod but I could tell that the screen was cut off along the top and on the right side making it unplayable. But, the mod did install.

I changed screen ratios with all available ratios (7 of them) on my laptop from 1366 x 768 to 800 x 600 and also changed between "maintain aspect ratio", "scale full screen" & "center image".

Result: Mod does not work on my setup.
Any suggestions?

Have you applied the 4gb patch to your sh3.exe ? That error message many times means it's needed.

THEBERBSTER 05-08-19 01:22 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Broomwagon
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

THEBERBSTER 05-08-19 01:34 PM

Hi vZ
Quote:

"Can not initialize 3D engine"
This is a graphics or driver problem.

Make sure your gpu is setup correctly.
Post #7 Changing Nvidia And AMD Radeon GPU Settings > Pictorial

SH3 also needs to be setup correctly.
http://www.lsh3.com/public/info/sh3_widescreen_sync.jpg

Installation instructions for Ahnenerbe's mod
Post #42 Changing Any LSH3-2015 Gui To > Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final > Download And Instructions > Enable JSGME > Pictorial

You also might need to use this fix.
Post #59 Override High DPI Scaling Behavior Graphic Fix > Pictorial
Peter