SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   install issues (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=227456)

E-ACB2-CT 08-27-16 10:13 AM

install issues

I just re-installed windows 7 and my SH4 Gold Edition cd doesn't launch properly. sometimes I get a message- the game is already running in a different program. I know ther's a patch, but I don't know which one to download, or the correct procedure to download and install. Thanks in advance

Aktungbby 08-27-16 10:57 AM

Welcome aboard!

E-ACB2-CT!:Kaleun_Salute:

cdrsubron7 08-27-16 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-ACB2-CT (Post 2429896)
I just re-installed windows 7 and my SH4 Gold Edition cd doesn't launch properly. sometimes I get a message- the game is already running in a different program. I know ther's a patch, but I don't know which one to download, or the correct procedure to download and install. Thanks in advance

Welcome to Subsim, E-ACB2-CT. Happy to have you aboard. :salute:

If you have the Gold Edition of SH4, you don't need any patches. The Gold Edition is v1.5 and the latest version. As for your disk not installing correctly. There could be any number of reasons for this. What kind of PC did you reinstall Win 7 on, laptop or desktop? If the disk doesn't load automatically, have you tried manually to get it going?

E-ACB2-CT 08-28-16 09:02 AM

install issues

Thanks for the response, it's a 7 year old desktop that I've been playing SH4 on without a problem until I decided to leave Windows 10 behind and re-install windows 7... i7 965, asus ws pro motherboard, recently PNY geforce GTX 950. The cd loaded and launched great on Windows 10, and before 10, I had 7, without issues.... but now, It loads, then the option page- play uninstall, register,...I click play, and wait...it doesn't show up. So I click on the download again, option page comes up. I click on play, and I get : game is already running in a different program....and I cant find it.I'm presently erasing windows old files, but I dont think it will make a difference...thanks again for listening to my sobbing.

propbeanie 08-28-16 09:38 AM

How did you do your Windows 7 re-install? Did you re-install Silent Hunter 4 after that?

cdrsubron7 08-28-16 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2430172)
How did you do your Windows 7 re-install? Did you re-install Silent Hunter 4 after that?

Yes, how was Win 7 installed on your HD again. If you reformatted and then installed Win 7, you'll have to reinstall SH4 again. :up:

E-ACB2-CT 08-29-16 05:00 AM

install issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 (Post 2430177)
Yes, how was Win 7 installed on your HD again. If you reformatted and then installed Win 7, you'll have to reinstall SH4 again. :up:

Thanks to all ...it seems all I had to do was delete ( old windows ) files and it installed just like new....to answer another question , I used the original windows 7 cd, and I didn't reformat. But just between you and me, I think Aktungbby summed up my problem very nicely.....Thanks

THEBERBSTER 08-29-16 02:00 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > E-ACB2-CT